7 August 2014

Hanna Part 6

The Best Laid Plans.......


I had thought that for yesterday I had organised things so that the firms that provided all the equipment that was needed to care for Hanna, from hospital bed, oxygen machine and wheelchair to rollator, would come and collect it all. My aim was to be able to put her living-room back the way it was before all this happened. Then I thought, in my romantic naive way, that after the funeral next week, the family could sit there and pretend that she had just stepped out for a moment, as nothing in the house had changed. 

It was not to be as the best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry. One of the firms did not come and so the major items are still there, making the place look desolate and not homely and welcoming as I had wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment